With all the parties, stress and baked goods, the holidays are a time when people tend to gain weight. It’s hard to lose the weight you’ve gained over the November-December months. That’s why holiday weight gain is one of the biggest contributors to total yearly weight gain for many people.
Here are 23 way to help you avoid weight gain during the holiday season.
- Eat Before Drinking and Celebrating
- Pick More Proteins for Your Meals
- Bring Your Own, Healthier Dishes
- Eat and Chew Slowly
- Fill Up on Fiber
- Meditate To Help from Emotional Eating
- Serve Meals Restaurant Style
- Drink Lots of Water
- Use Smaller Plates
- Choose Tall and Thin Glassware For Your Holiday Drinks
- Make Room for Healthy Fats
- Cave Into Cravings (In Moderation)
- Take It Easy on the Booze
- Ditch the Added Sugar (Use Natural Sugars)
- Eat As Many Veggies As Possible
- Chew Gum to Curb Your Appetite
- Turn Off The TV While Eating
- Just Say No When Tempted to Over Eat
- Wait Before Grabbing Seconds
- Buy Tupperware to Send Your Guests Home With Leftovers
- Take It Easy on White Foods
- De-Stress Throughout The Holiday Season
- Get Enough Sleep
Did we leave anything off of our list? Comment below with your tips and tricks for keeping off the holiday weight.
If you would like to guest post or become a regular contributor, please email us at email@example.com
Join the Conversation!
Comments are moderated by our team.