Information You Provide or We Collect
My Fort Bend receives information you choose to provide to us directly. We also collect information passively or automatically when you use the Service.
• Information You Provide. In order to register or in connection with other uses of the Service, such as participation in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, subscribing to a My Fort Bend email newsletter, placing an article or event, or to contact us with an inquiry or to report a problem, you may be asked to provide, or voluntarily provide, certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, email address, street address, telephone number or credit card number (“Personal Information”). You are not required to provide your Personal Information, but if you don’t, you may not be able to access or use parts of the Service.
• Information We Collect. My Fort Bend, its third party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies and other partners (“Partners”), may collect or receive information about you or your computer or other device used to access the Service. This information includes, without limitation, your IP address, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, mobile network, type of mobile device, device identifiers and settings, browser settings, pages you have visited on the Service, location information, and your interaction with advertising and other data when you use the Service.
• Location Information. If you access or use the Service on a mobile device, you may be asked to allow us to use services on your device, such as Wi-Fi, GPS or Bluetooth, to determine your location. You may choose not to provide location information by adjusting the settings on your device.
How We Use Your Information
My Fort Bend and its Partners may use your information, including Personal Information, to:
• Provide the Service to you, including providing technical and other support for the Service;
• Communicate with you regarding the Service and respond to your inquiries and requests, such as subscriptions to My Fort Bend email newsletters;
• Administer contests and sweepstakes, and notify you if you have won;
• For the purpose(s) for which you provide the information;
• Deliver advertising and content that is customized to your individual behavior or demographic, based on your use of the Service and other online or mobile websites, apps and services;
• Analyze your use of the Service and the performance of and your interactions with advertising and content provided on the Service; and
• As you may otherwise agree or consent.
If you provide information, including Personal Information, through the Service, in your public profile or by posting or commenting online, such information is available to other users of the Service. My Fort Bend does not control use of your Personal Information or any other information by other persons. By posting or publishing your information on the Service, you assume the risk that the information you provide will be viewed and used by third parties.
My Fort Bend and its Partners may use “cookies” or similar technology to associate your information with an identifier associated with your device or browser. We may also associate cookies with your information, including de-identified or anonymized information, for use by My Fort Bend or our Partners to send advertisements and offers based on your individual behavior and demographic information.
How We Disclose Your Information
My Fort Bend may disclose your information, including Personal Information, to:
• In order to process a payment, My Fort Bend may provide information, including your personal information, to a third party payment processor(s). My Fort Bend is not responsible for any third party payment processor’s privacy practices.
• In response to legal process such as a court order or subpoena or a request by law enforcement or a government agency, or as otherwise required by law.
We will not sell your Personal Information to any third party not affiliated with My Fort Bend without your consent, except in connection with the sale or merger of My Fort Bend or its assets or the division responsible for applicable services, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy.
If you participate in a contest or sweepstakes, or another part of the Service sponsored by a third party, the third party may obtain or collect information about you. My Fort Bend does not control how any such third party uses or discloses your information. Be sure to review third party privacy policies to find out how they will collect, use and disclose your information.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
“Cookies” are pieces of information that may be placed on your computer’s browser or your device by a website or service to store your preferences, for the purpose of facilitating and enhancing your communication and interaction with that website or service or with other websites or services. Many websites, including My Fort Bend, may also use Flash cookies, or locally shared objects (“LSOs”), that operate similarly to browser cookies. My Fort Bend, or its Partners, may also use “web beacons,” clear GIFs or similar technologies, pieces of information placed on a service or email to track and collect information about user behavior, for example by counting the number of visitors to a web page, delivering a cookie to a user’s browser or tracking open rates, clicks and forwards.
You may be able to set your browser to disable cookies or LSOs, or to refuse certain types of cookies or warn you before accepting cookies. And, LSOs using Adobe Flash can be managed using Flash management tools on the Adobe website. However, doing so may mean that certain parts of the Service may not work for you. Some Partners may use technologies other than cookies to recognize your computer or device or to collect information about your use of the Service or other websites or services, and you may not be able to block use of such technologies. Some browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to websites and online services. My Fort Bend does not currently take any action or respond to such signals.
My Fort Bend or its Partners may use mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) to collect information, such as your IDFA or Android Advertising ID, and other information about how your device interacts with the Service. SDKs allow app developers to enable advertising, collection of data and related services and analytics in apps. My Fort Bend may use this technology to deliver, or to help Partners deliver, advertising through the Apps and other mobile applications and browsers based on information associated with your device. Depending on your device, you may be able to reset your device’s advertising identifier by accessing the privacy settings.
• Google Analytics (including Remarketing with Google Analytics; Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting and integrated services the use Google Analytics to collect data using cookies and identifiers)
• Facebook Audience Network
Some of these third parties participate in programs intended to provide users with choices about whether and how to receive targeted advertising. You can learn more about these programs at the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance websites. Information about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs is available here. These websites are provided by third parties, not My Fort Bend. My Fort Bend does not control or operate these websites or the choices that our Partners, advertisers and others may provide through the tools offered on these websites.
Protection for Children
The Service is not directed at children and My Fort Bend does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that Personal Information has been collected from a child under age 13, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
We may provide links to third-party websites and services from within the Service. These may include government websites, merchant websites, news websites and other websites and services not controlled by My Fort Bend and which may have privacy policies different than ours. My Fort Bend is not responsible for, and does not control, the privacy practices or content of these third-party websites. When you link away from our Service you do so at your own risk, and should read the privacy policies of such other websites.
Communications with My Fort Bend
By providing your email address to My Fort Bend, you expressly consent to receive emails from us. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other products or services developed or provided by us; however, we will not give your email address to another party to promote their products or services directly to you without your consent.
If you prefer not to receive marketing emails from the Service, please follow the “unsubscribe” information included in any marketing email from the Service
Updating and Correcting Your Information